Published Mar 31, 2017 | 08:37
The final part of our QAPI guide, “Systematic Analysis and Systematic Action” discusses how to effectively diagnose problems, implement formulated solutions and maintain sustainable improvements. Your agency should efficiently coordinate all QAPI elements, then draw out concrete protocols mainly concerning organization and delivery of care services.
We listed some pointers to help you organize your process and incorporate systematic analysis and action within your agency:
- Work with targets – As you establish workflow processes, always draw out clear objectives bounded by set parameters and a clear timeline. Always reference your immediate objectives to bigger picture goals.
- Assign people roles – proper designation of tasks and roles contributes to a smooth, systematic workflow. Specify each person’s involvement in QAPI efforts, be it in data collection, mapping out solutions, or execution. You may also revisit employee job descriptions to incorporate QAPI roles and responsibilities — this will initiate work ownership, responsibility and productivity.
- Process mapping – Summarize workflows by drafting out illustrations usually in form of flowcharts and the like– set start to end points guided by your QAPI design and scope. You can include pertinent information like key persons, titles and dates for easy reference. Discuss and make visible to everyone for continuous guidance.
- Documentation and protocols — piloted by your QAPI leadership team, put every process and procedure into concise and clear protocols to concretize the action system. Include policies and procedures to ensure that data is consistently and accurately collected, documented, retrieved, and analyzed. It may be compiled in a agency procedures manual or create a separate QAPI manual for reference. Revise as new developments and cases arise. Well-documented QAPI initiatives can be useful as present evidence for CMS’s QAPI survey compliance.
- Train and educate – invest in continuous training efforts for employees to familiarize with processes and procedures, especially with QAPI. Ensure that employees and contractors are educated on QAPI requirements, philosophy, policies, and processes. Your leadership committee can utilize this opportunity to continue promote the QAPI culture across the agency.
Calibrate your systems process with Qavalo
Qavalo provides reporting with our main QA and documentation outsourcing services. Our work at Qavalo is ultimately aimed at sustainable bigger picture process improvements for your agency.
Try our easy 3-step FREE TRIAL service and experience our work within 24hrs — definitely no strings attached; no payment details required upfront!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-282-9868.